Thursday, February 27, 2014

Marking One Off!

Today, I get to mark off one of my goals!!!!  Today I rowed 500 meters in under 2 minutes, 1:59 to be exact.  I am so excited!!  Woo Hoo!!!  I got to write my name up on wall in the #2 slot.  So, now I add another goal to my list.  Anyone guess what it is?  Yep, I am going to be #1 on that wall.  I made it under 2 minutes.  Now I need to get under 1 minute 43 seconds.  That is going to take some work.  But, I KNOW that I can do it.  I still had to take 2 small breathers during the 2 minute race today, so I'm thinking if I can push through those 2 minutes with no stop, I can DO IT!!!  So, 1:42.  Let's Do It!

The past week has been pretty interesting.  I have learned things, things that will help keep me motivated.  Some of these I posted on Facebook, so if you read those and are reading this, I apologize for the repeat.  But, I'm writing them anyway.

1) I have a very sweet friend who I adore.  She is kind and helpful and always has a beautiful smile for most everyone she meets.  It is a good thing I love her so much, because if I didn't, it would be easy to hate her (well, not really, hate is bad, but you know what I mean!).  She is in amazing shape, she is a personal trainer, she is absolutely beautiful.  Luckily she is even more beautiful on the inside.  I totally put her on a pedestal and I'm aware of that (so is she actually!), but she is an amazing example of how overall health is such a benefit in your life.  Anyway, I was talking with her yesterday and as we were discussing my progress and goals, she said to me, "You do know where you are going to end up, right?  CrossFit!".  I smiled and laughed because I haven't told ANYONE other than E this, but ultimately, doing CrossFit is where I would like to end up.  I LOVE how strong the women who do CrossFit look and are.  So, when my fitness inspiration says she can see me doing it, my motivation to prove her right about soared!!!

2) I can do anything.  I may have to stop to take a breath, but as long as I keep going, I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.  Anything.

3) The second time you take a Spinning class, your rear end will not hurt quite as badly, but it will still hurt.

4) The sled on the Leg press at the gym weighs 105 pounds by itself.  When you place 130 pounds on it and do 2 sets of 12, do not be surprised if the last couple are extremely difficult.  Do you know why?  Because thinking you are doing 130 pounds when you are actually doing 235 pounds makes a very large difference!

5)  Taking 27 pounds off of your body will REALLY help in singing.  I was practicing "Someone Worth Dying For" last night at Choir Rehearsal and in the past, I had to really struggle to hit the high D and make it sound good.  Last night, it was easy.  I could hit it and I could hold it.  I can not WAIT to see what I can sound like when I get off 100 pounds!!

6)  I am not a night work out person.  I only had time one night to work out at night.  I didn't get to the gym until 8:45pm.  I was up until 1 or 1:30 in the morning because I was SO wired.  I think that needs to be a rare occurrence for me.  No working out past 7pm.

7)  Thinking that eating less is going to help you lose weight is WRONG!! After much discussion with people that know a lot more about this than me, I have been instructed that I need to eat AT LEAST 1600 calories each day MINIMUM!!  I have added in at least 1 protein shake each day and a scoop of cottage cheese at night to help me reach that minimum.  It has been a difficult transition though.  I wasn't purposely eating a small amount of calories, I just REALLY struggled getting even 1400 each day.  As much as I am working out, that is just NOT enough.  I would just be completely full at the end of the day and have no room for more, but I would know that I had not had enough to eat.  It is a vicious circle.  So, what that means, is I have to be a little more obsessive about what I am eating.  I am hoping this is just a part of the process.  I truly do not want to obsess about every single tiny thing I put in my mouth every single day for the rest of my life.  But, right now, that is just what life is.  So, I will push myself to get 1600 HEALTHY calories each day.

8)  Fluorescent pink shoe strings will make you smile every time you look down.

9)  Rowing means you need gloves.  Blisters hurt and they cause calluses.  Get some gloves.  Where them when you row and when you life upper body.  You will not regret it!

10)  My support system is unbelievable.  My husband, my parents, my In-laws, my friends, and even my children inspire me daily.  I'm not sure I could keep going every day if I didn't have them.  Add them to my Amazing God and my inspiration is supernatural!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment