Monday, February 17, 2014

6 Weeks In!

I have been following my new life plan and goals for 6 weeks. now.  I am very happy to report that I am now down:

22.6 pounds!

A part of me feels really great about that number.  A part of me is really disappointed by that number.  The first part of me has been continually telling the second part of me to shut up!

The part that is disappointed by that number thinks it should be higher.  It knows how much work I am putting in and thinks the weight should just melt off, no matter that it really knows better.  It remembers all of the times I have said "NO" to sweets or treats and just wants to look in the mirror and see a skinny me.

The rational part of me knows that I am doing great!  It knows that although the number might not be huge, the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off.  That part knows that I have been making changes and that my body feels better than it has felt in a long time.  It knows that I am making lifetime changes, not just a quick fix.  It knows that 22.6 pounds in 6 weeks is over 3.5 pounds a week (really I'm losing usually about 2.5 per week, but had a really big first week, but I will go with it!)!  That is HUGE!  I made a roast last night that was about 3 pounds.  I have been losing a pot roast every week.  That is nuts!  That is awesome!  That is something I should be proud of!

It is difficult thought to shut that second part of my brain down and just be happy with where I am.  That is one of my goals for the year after all,

Loving myself where I am at, not where I THINK I SHOULD be at this moment.  

So, today I am just going to celebrate my accomplishments.  I am going to look at myself in the mirror and be happy.  I may not be thin, I may not be able to run 10 miles, I may not be a different size than I was 6 weeks ago.  But, I know that I am healthier.  I am getting stronger every single day.  I can do lunges without wanting to grimace in pain.  I can do things this morning that I couldn't do 6 weeks ago.   I am making a difference in my life.  THAT is what matters.  THAT is what I will concentrate on.

Psalms 139:14, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment