Sunday, February 16, 2014

Food Ogre

Nachos dripping with melted cheese.  Cookies with huge chocolate chunks.  A gigantic sundae with all of the fixin's.  A big juicy cheeseburger with a double dose of bacon.

Now that you are drooling, I will tell you that so am I.  In the past 3 hours, I have had a craving for each one of these decadent and calorie busting items.  I am not hungry.  I am craving.  I told myself that I didn't need them.  I tried tricking my brain with something healthy, but sweet.  It isn't helping.  Some part of my brain wants the junk.

Luckily, I don't really have any of this in the house or I probably would have caved about an hour in.  These times are so difficult for me.  I know that I don't need them.  My body doesn't need these things. But that part of my brain thinks it does.  I am struggling today.  It is almost painful.

I'm trying to keep motivated.  I read through my affirmation board on Pinterest (Fearfully and Wonderfully Made).  I prayed that God would take these cravings from me.  I'm writing on here just to keep myself busy and out of the kitchen.  My next thing is to update my planner and then do some serious knitting.  I'm really hoping that I can just outlast the cravings.  Today is my off day from the gym or I would be packing the kids up and heading in.  I am going to try some crunches though just to get moving and maybe shake the dang things off.

I would love to keep everything on my blog positive and upbeat, but real life just isn't like that.  And if nothing else, I always want to be real on here; even if it isn't pretty.  I know this journey I am on will have ups and downs and this is just a down.  But, it is difficult.  It would be so much easier to just give in.  It would be so much easier just to quit.  I know it isn't easier though.  Every single time I have looked in the mirror and cried, I know it isn't easier just to give in.  I will beat this.  Lord, please help me beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment