Tuesday, February 4, 2014

No Air

Oh Ugh.  I knew it was inevitable.  I could feel it starting.  I woke up yesterday with a runny nose.  I told myself, "NO.  You are not getting sick!"  Apparently, I did NOT listen to myself.  I started feeling pretty bad yesterday afternoon and it has only gotten worse.  I barely slept last night because I couldn't breathe.  I woke up this morning and FORCED myself to go to the gym.  The husband said I probably should take the day off, but I know the chance is pretty good I won't be able to get to the gym tomorrow (we are expecting some major snow if you aren't aware!).  So, I went and I pushed myself.  Then I sat in the super hot sauna trying to sweat the yucks out.  I'm not really sure if it worked as I don't feel any better, but it was worth a shot.

I learned 2 very important lessons this morning though.  The first is that even on days I think I can't do it, I can.  I can always push through and do at least one more rep or add one more pound.  Unless I am on death's door, I can at least always get on the bike and pedal or do some jumping jacks or just DO SOMETHING!

The second lesson is that I need to make sure I remain humble.  This morning, I posted this picture on Facebook showing my weight-loss journey.



I received many compliments and "likes".  It made me feel great and made me want to stay motivated.  But, I need to remember WHY I am doing this.  I am doing this so I can be a better wife, mother, and Theresa.  I want to be the woman God made me to be.  My lesson learned is to be so thankful for the compliments and encouragement anyone gives me but also to remember WHY I am doing this and for whom!

Changes.  Each lesson learned is a change and that is why I am doing it!
Blessings,
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment