Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby Right Round

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!  I tried something new last night.  I went to my rowing class yesterday at noon, just like normal.  Came home, did a couple of things and decided to get another workout in before Choir practice.  So, I took the kids back to the gym really planning on taking a Zumba class.  I walked into the gym and my sweet friend Sherry very nicely persuaded me to try Spinning.  My friend Erica is the instructor so with her and Sherry's encouragement, I decided to go for it.  They got me all set up and explained how the controls work, what the commands were and just told me to be prepared for a sore rear.  OK.  I was ready to go.  Now, I have been riding the stationary bike 3 times a week, but can I just say I was NOT prepared for this.  Oh My Goodness.  Spinning is NOT easy!  It is not just riding on a bike.  Well, I guess technically it is, but it seemed like so much more than that!  When you are "simply" pedaling, you really have to concentrate on keeping control of your body, especially as your speed climbs.  When you pedal standing up, you really have to pay attention to how your body is moving and to make sure you are shifting your weight back and forth, holding in your core, and not keeping too hard of a grip on the handle bars.  Like my first time in rowing class, I just tried not to die.  I think I did pretty well.  I had to stop one time for just a couple of minutes and walk around to get feeling back in my toes.  But, other than that, I stayed with them.  Now, there were times I maybe couldn't go as fast as everyone else or have as much resistance, but I KEPT GOING. Even when that little voice in my head said, "Hey, you know what? You have done well and no one is going to fault you if you quit a couple of tracks early!".  I told the voice to SHUT UP and kept going.  My legs were screaming, I was trying to keep breathing, my rear and girl parts felt like I was sitting on razor blades.  But, I kept going.  For me, that is a win.  I did NOT let my brain win.  My body didn't want to give up and I didn't want it to.  I Kept Going.

Blessings, Theresa

PS...In case you are wondering, today I HURT.  My muscles are a little sore, but my rear and girl parts HURT.  I feel like I did the day after I pushed out each kid.  I know that may be a little TMI, but I'm real on here.  No apologies.

You Spend Me Right Round-Dead Or Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment