Monday, April 14, 2014

A Hitch In The Plan

Today is my Monday check-in.  It was such a busy weekend, but it was only leading up to a busy week, so this is probably going to be a little short.  I have hit a snag in the plan, but I am determined that it is only going to be a small snag.

Saturday evening, I was giving 2 of the short people a bath.  When I went to stand up from kneeling on the floor, I heard a pop and had instant pain in my right knee.  For my readers that don't know, I have already had 2 surgeries on my right knee, so hearing a "pop" out of that same knee about made me throw up.  I stood up and walked around and the main pain went away, but it was still very sore.  Sunday was thankfully my day off from the gym so I could have a rest day.  It was very sore all throughout the day however, especially any time I made my leg go to the side.

E thought I might have something called Ilio-Tibial Band Syndrome, but is essentially Plantar Fasciitis, but in my knee (the hubs has a degree in Exercise Science...he is super smart!).  He said the only thing that will help is rest.  Well, that is all well and good, but the problem with that plan is that I am only 55 miles away from 500 Miles For Eli.  I am in 3rd place and I refuse to go down.  So, after seeing that I was visibly upset about this my sweet husband told me to relax and to rest Sunday and then I could spin on my own on Monday (today).  However, he gave me explicit instructions.  I was NOT allowed to ride with very much resistance.  I was NOT allowed to stand up and ride.  I was NOT allowed to go over 120 RPMs.  I was NOT to lift.  I assumed I was not supposed to do squats or lunges either (oh darn.).  But, I could ride.  So, today I went and rode pretty easy for an hour and a half.  I got in 21.5 miles.  It really felt pretty good.  Toward the end, my leg started getting pretty tired and I could tell the instant I wasn't keeping my legs straight when I was riding.   But, I was really proud of myself when I was finished.

In the past, anytime I attempted to really get into getting healthy, if I would get injured, that would be my downfall.  I REFUSE to let that happen this time.  I will work toward finishing the last of those 500 miles and then I will let it rest and go on with my journey.  I WILL NOT QUIT!  I WILL NOT FAIL.  I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment