Tuesday, April 15, 2014

3rd Place Baby!

I finished my 500 Miles For Eli today!!  Woo Hoo!  I worked my arse off this morning and did 23 miles on the bike and 10 miles on the rower.  I came in 3rd place which is what I was working toward.  There was no way I was catching the people in 1st and 2nd, so I am THRILLED that I came in 3rd!!  Awesome Sauce!

I was a little worried about how the knee would hold up, but after riding 23 miles, my rear end couldn't take any more of the bike.  I was so close, there was NO way I was going to stop.  So, I got on the rower thinking if I couldn't do it, I could always finish the last 10 miles tomorrow.  But, YAY!  The knee felt really pretty great so I pushed through and finished out.  I was so excited that I could do it without a lot of pain.  Now, it is a little sore and tired now, but after all of that plus standing 90% of a 2 hour long mass tonight will probably do that to some roughed up knees.

I did have a pretty cool observation today.  I put on the pair of black knee-high stiletto boots that I bought right before Christmas.  I had to buy the wide-calf version because I couldn't get the regular size to zip over my calves.  Well, when I first purchased them, they fit PERFECTLY.  Today, I could stick my entire hand down the side of them.  I didn't realize that I was losing that much in my legs, but can we say awesome?!?!  I might have to buy some new boots before the fall, but it will SO be worth it.

Hope you have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment