Wednesday, July 10, 2013

57 Channels (And Nothin' On)

Yesterday I told you I was a Nerd.  Today I'm going to tell you something else about me.  I am not a big fan of reality competitions.  The only exceptions to that are The Biggest Loser and The Sing-Off.  I love both of them. What I have apparently become a big fan of however are the "reality" shows on A&E, The History Channel, and The Discovery Channel.  My absolute favorite is Duck Dynasty.  Those God-loving, gun-toting red-necks crack me up.  I know that I am not alone and that there are many others that share my enjoyment of the show.  I also really enjoy Sons Of Guns and have gotten my sweet husband watching it to.  It is really run to watch them blow stuff up.  Storage Wars and American Pickers are other favorites in this house.

E has somehow gotten me to watch Counting Cars now and I have totally gotten sucked into it.  So much so that last night I was watching it with him and he went to bed.  I was working on some things, so I stayed up watching it.  Soon it was over and I hadn't changed the channel.  The next show that was on was called God, Guns, & Automobiles.  Let me tell you all, this show was NUTS!  There were parts of it that had me cracking up, but there were parts that made me want to throttle this man.  Max Muller runs a car dealership in Missouri and he is crazy.  In the 2 episodes I watched, he blew up a truck, took some goats in trade, made a deal with one of his salesman to ride a bull, and tried putting the fear of God into his kids.  I'm happy to see shows about faithful families, but this man was so over the top it was scary.  He has such a tight leash around his kids that I see one of these kids losing it one day.  It made me truly scared for them.  I said a little prayer for that family.  I don't mean any judgement on Max or his family, it just made me sad when the TV crews showed the boys' faces as their father is coming down on them.  I hope that everything was over-dramatized for the show.

Ok, off my soap box for now.  What about you?  What is your guilty pleasure show?

Blessings,
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment