Monday, July 22, 2013

Cheeseburger In Paradise

I really like to experiment in the kitchen.  With 3 kiddos, I try not to do anything too crazy, but I do like to have fun and see if I can come up with something new.  Yesterday I saw a recipe on Pinterest (Oh, Pinterest, what did we waste time on before you came along?) that sounded good.  The problem was that I didn't have the sausage the recipe called for.  I did have some Ground Chuck though and thought I could adapt it.

You can find the original Pinterest link for Sausage Brownies HERE. The original recipe link is HERE.

This is what I did instead!

Bacon Cheeseburger Squares

2 tubes crescent rolls
1 lb. ground chuck (that is what I used, you could use any ground meat)
1 onion, diced
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1 pkg. REAL bacon pieces
2 c. shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out one tube of crescent rolls in the bottom and up 1/2" on the sides of an UNGREASED 9x13 pan.
Brown your hamburger and onion in a pan and drain very well.
In same pan, melt the block of cream cheese on low.  Add meat/onion mixture to cream cheese and mix.  Spoon meat mixture over crescent rolls.  Sprinkle with bacon pieces and then top with the shredded cheese.  Unroll 2nd tube of crescent rolls and place on top of cheese, trying to seal the perforations in the dough, but don't worry about it being perfect.
Bake for 22-24 minutes.

They were really great!  The kids ate it up like crazy!  I think there are definitely ways to improve on what I did and next time I think I will try some A1 Sauce in the meat mixture for a little extra something.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!  Happy Cooking!!

Blessings,
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment