Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don't Fence Me In

We just finished up a great Holiday weekend and let me just tell you how we celebrated in our house.  We built a
cage fence to enclose our back yard.  Yep, exciting way to spend 4 days isn't it?  This is something I have been wanting to do for a really long time (pretty much since our first child was born!) and I finally was able to talk the hubs into it.  He wasn't thrilled with the idea at first, but after some gentle coaxing (not annoying badgering at all!) from me, he came around. We were able to get everything except the gates finished.  I am telling you, we worked our tails off, but it looks fantastic!  I am going to love feeling safe in our back yard!
We love our school system and have decided that we are going to stay in our house at least until the kiddos are in middle school (the residential opportunities open up greatly once the kids are in middle school).  So, that means that we are attempting to fix up the house in ways that we had put off when we thought we would move.  A couple of weeks ago, we put a fire pit in and I LOVE it!  It is so great to be able to have bonfires whenever we want (no worries, we live outside of city limits!) and the kids love the chance to have S'mores!  I have been making a list of the different things we want to do around here and my home improvement board ("Fixin' Up The Ol' Homestead") on Pinterest is getting longer! Once the fence gates are finished, I think landscaping is next on my agenda.
So, my question to you dear reader(s) is this: what DIY project have you done around your house?  Would you do anything differently with it now that you have done it? What is your next DIY Home Improvement Project?
Blessings,
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment