Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Stuff!! Good Stuff!!!

I know I haven't gotten anything posted this week, and I apologize for that.  I didn't feel much like writing the past couple of days, but that doesn't mean I didn't have ideas swarming around or that I didn't do anything to write about!  We have actually been really busy!

Last Thursday, we started the work on re-doing our kitchen.  I did a lot of cleaning and then started painting.  Oof.  Painting is a lot of work.  I did pretty well until I got to our kitchen cabinets.  For some reason, when we put new cabinets in 10 years ago, we did not put them all the way to the ceiling.  I have NO idea what we were thinking when we made that decision.  So, now, I had a foot of wall I had to paint up at the ceiling.  When you are 6 feet fall and up on a step ladder, your room to work is very minimal.  So, I spent the painting time squeezed into this 1 foot spot.  I got it done, but it wasn't pretty.  I did learn a lot about painting though, so that is a good thing.  I was able to get the kitchen painted and my husband started putting in some built-in type cabinets that we wanted.  Unfortunately, there was a mis-measure and the top cabinets we ordered were 1/2" too tall and 1/2" too wide.  So, we had to order some more, but they should be in in a couple of weeks so we can finish. But, I am LOVING how it is looking; very much worth the hard work we are putting in.

Over the weekend, we had soccer games and mass, and more cleaning to do.  Sunday was Mother's Day, and while I didn't have an exciting day, it was a nice day.  I went to mass and then had to go to the grocery store and run some other errands.  I came home and we cleaned and then my sweet husband grilled the steaks I picked up earlier in the day.  Oh, my man can grill.  The steak was fantastic, rare and warm, and perfect!  So, Mother's Day...yeah, good day.

I know you are probably wondering how the new lifestyle is going, so I will get to that.  Things are going really pretty well.  I have been working hard and have lost a little more weight which is good, but I am starting to feel really strong, which is AWESOME!  My muscles are really starting to come through.  It makes me more motivated to lose the fat so those muscles are just ripped and beautiful.

My workout has taken a bit of shake-up.  My gym had a change in ownership last week, and that means a change in some equipment.  Unfortunately, my lovely rowers are not there any more.  So, I am making do with other options.  Tuesday, I was put through a treadmill workout.  When it was first offered, I thought, "Oh, really how difficult could this be?"  You would think at this point, I should know better.This was a TOUGH workout.  I would normally have rowed this morning too, but thought I would try the treadmill workout again.  I couldn't remember exactly what my instructor had us do, so I made up my own workout based on what I did remember.  I will post it on my workout page if you are interested.  I had sweat just dripping off of me after only 30 minutes.

Have you tried anything new in the gym lately?  Let me know!  I am always looking for ways to shake things up!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment