Monday, May 5, 2014

A Deep Breath

This past weekend was an incredibly amazing one, but it was a VERY busy one.  Lots of stress, lots of chances for binge eating, and not a lot of chances to get to the gym.  But, we kept on, made it through, and came out stronger on this end.  Our weekend started on Friday night with a great game for my sweet L.  She made a GREAT save as goalie and was so proud of herself.  On Saturday, we started with J's game and she played very well.  We came home and started cleaning out the kids' closets and boy did we clean!  We weeded out 5 garbage bags full of clothes and some toys as well.  Then, onto L's second game.  The girls played so well and I was so proud of L.  Before the game, we had discussed that she could be aggressive and still be a good sport.  During the game, L was playing defense and she hip-checked a girl and knocked the other girl down.  I'm sure someone will think that I shouldn't be so proud of her for knocking down a girl, but for my sweet, sweet daughter to be even a little aggressive was a HUGE step in the right direction.  She did feel a little bad for knocking someone down, but you could see the pride in her eyes.  On Sunday, we started the day with a regular mass, then we prepared for L's First Communion.  She looked so beautiful and did such a great job.  She did a reading and was confident, not bad for a girl with some stage fright!

My sweet L standing in front of our church's garden.

My beautiful family, I'm so blessed!

There was so much that happened during the service yesterday, it would take me forever to tell you all about it.  Suffice it to say, it was an amazing day and I was so proud of her!!  After her First Communion, we geared back up for our 4th soccer game of the weekend.  L's team was on again and they played the best we have seen them all season.  The girls one 5-1 and although she didn't score any, L had 2 awesome shots on goal that missed by mere inches.  She played hard and did a great job!!  Needless to say, it was a long weekend, but was worth every moment!

I was pretty proud of myself though, there was cake at her First Communion Reception and I didn't have any.  I love cake, so that is a big deal.  I did have a small cookie, but only a small one. :)  I tried to stick to my plan for the weekend and did pretty well.  I wasn't able to get to the gym Saturday or Sunday, but I did do my challenge exercises, so I got some movement in.

I worked out my lower body this morning, and I have started adding in some stair running.  That is an experience.  I am quite clutzy, so I have to really pay attention to what I am doing.  Today, I did 15 lunges, quickly went down the stairs, walked 1/4 mile in the gym, ran back up the stairs and did 15 more lunges.  Then I repeated that circuit.  I ran out of time, but hopefully Wednesday I can get at least 2 more sets of that in.  It was difficult, but felt great when I was done.   I should probably add that I've done 270 squats today too! My butt is going to look so good!

I get asked a lot about what I eat, and I've tried giving you a pretty good idea of my general nutrition intake.  But, because I believe in full disclosure, I feel the need to tell you I just ate a bunch of chocolate and peanut butter.  No, it was not healthy.  No, it probably wasn't the best choice.  But, sometimes cravings get the best of you and for the sake of your sanity, you go with it.  I think I'm good for awhile now.  I have no guilt about eating it.  I was fully aware of what I was doing.  I made the choice and it was my choice alone.  Now, I move on, I recognize a slip and know that I no longer eat that way every day.  To quote Elsa, I "Let It Go."

I finish today's post by showing you this lovely picture taken yesterday of my sweet husband and me.  He looks so serious, but he really is very funny!  I love him greatly!



Faith. Courage. Strength. Change.


No comments:

Post a Comment