Monday, March 31, 2014

12 Weeks!!

Wow! 12 weeks have passed since I started my new life.  I have learned so much about myself and about the amazing people around me in the past 12 weeks.  I have had ups and downs and smiles and tears.  I have learned that life is amazing and that I can always go on, even when I feel like I can't.  I thought to celebrate my 12 weeks progress, I would tell you the things I have been able to accomplish and some things I have learned along the way.

I have lost 36.2 pounds in 12 weeks!  I am trying really hard to not place much focus on my actual number of weight loss, but I have to admit that number makes me pretty freaking happy.  My goal was 35 pounds in 12 weeks, so I am even happier that I beat that goal!

I can bench press 90 pounds!  I have a pretty big goal of being able to easily do 135, but 90 is a great start.  And for the record, that is 12 reps of 90 pounds AFTER I have already done 2 sets of 12 reps at a slightly smaller weight.

I can leg press 150 pounds.  I really have no idea if that is a good weight, but I am excited to see that number go up and up.

I can row over 10 miles at a time!  It may take me a while, but I can do it.  I did do it!

I have started spinning.  It hurts my butt and sometimes makes me feel like I am uncoordinated buffoon. But, I keep going.  I may not be able to go as fast as everyone else, but I keep going.  I feel good when I am done and it makes me happy to accomplish it!

I can use the elliptical machine for 15 minutes straight.  That may not seem like much to someone, but it took me a while to be able to do that and I am proud of it.

My singing has improved with being in better shape.  My lung capacity has gotten better which means I can hold notes for longer and it has increased my range.  Very cool stuff.

My confidence level has increased so much.  If you know me, you might think I have a pretty high self-esteem level.  If you know me well, you know that I fake that high level pretty much every day.  My self-esteem is horrible.  Years of thinking terrible things about myself and believing things I had no business believing have left my confidence battered.  After just 12 weeks of making myself think positive thoughts, working out for a little boy who can't, and sending prayers to HIM with every workout, I am starting to believe that I am a person worthy of what I am doing.  I am worthy of thinking good thoughts about myself and believing that I am beautiful.

My friends and family are AWESOME.  I mean, seriously awesome.  Any time I feel like I can't go on and that I want to give up, I am blessed by people telling me that absolutely can continue.  My husband continually tells me how proud he is of me and that I am doing awesome.  My mom was so great on our trip home and she kept me going.  My friends at the gym are always smiling and telling me how well I am doing.  My kids even keep me going by telling me they have so much more fun with me now.  All of your comments on FB keep me encouraged that I am so excited to keep going.  My support system blows my mind!

I haven't been this physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually strong all at the same time ever in my life.  I don't think I have ever been this physically strong as an adult, in high school maybe, but never as an adult.  Mentally and emotionally I am in such a great place right now.  I am HAPPY.  I am so much more calm than I have been in a long time (not completely calm, I mean come on, I have 3 kids!!).  I feel wonderful about life.  But, the most incredible change is my awesome relationship with God.  HE has helped me in every step of this journey, and I know that HE will be with me through every single step of the rest of my life.  And now with this new life, what an amazing journey it will be!

So, 12 weeks.  12 Amazing weeks.  I can't wait to see what the next 12 weeks bring!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment