Monday, March 24, 2014

Couple of Things Today!

As I type this, I have to admit.  I am TIRED!  It was a very busy weekend and after my workout this morning, I could use a nap.  :)  But, alas, I am probably not going to get one.  I have a lot of things I need to get done.  It was a great weekend though.  I was blessed to sing at 2 wonderful masses, had a little alone time, knocked out 20 miles on the bike, and we celebrated J's 6th birthday with our family.  Very busy, but the weekend was fantastic.

This morning was pretty nice.  The kids are on Spring Break and the oldest is at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  So, the little ones let me sleep in and it was WONDERFUL!  Then, I went to the gym.  I went to the gym with a goal.  If you remember, last week I did 20 Eli miles on the Indo-rowers.  Well, after that, 2 of the men at the gym matched that work.  Today, I decided that I was going to up the ante.  My goal was 30 miles.  That is 16,500 meters!  Whoo.  So, I went.  I went and I rowed.  Then I rowed some more.  I was doing pretty well.  I hit 10 miles, then 20.  I knew I had it and would finish.  But, honestly, I had no idea how difficult those last 10 miles would be.  I just kept rowing.  About 25 miles, I started to hit a wall.  But at that point, there was no way I was stopping.  One of the gentlemen I row with in class was stretching near me.  He encouraged me and cheered me on.  It got me through and I pushed and pushed (well, pulled and pulled!).  16,500 meters.  Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that.  Now, I just have to decide if I want to attempt spinning class tonight. :)

Saturday, my sweet J had a friend's birthday party to go to.  While she was there, I ran out to the mall and walked around.  I have been learning a song for church for this coming Sunday and I was listening to it on repeat as I walked.  Of course I did a little shopping while I was there as well.  I found a couple of shirts that I liked.  The cool thing? I purchased XLs, not XXLs (well, I purchased one XXL, but it was the ONLY one in that design and it was a T-shirt, so I can refashion it later).  My boobs aren't small to begin with, so that means that I AM getting smaller in the rest of my body.  That makes me feel pretty good.

Saturday night on Facebook, I posted that I had made a Skinny Chicken Fried Rice for dinner. I was asked for the recipe, so I wanted to share it with you here.  It is seriously SO good!  It has become one of E and I's favorite meals.  Sometimes I make it without the chicken for a meatless meal.  The only other change for us is that I do not use sesame oil.  I use Extra-Virgin Olive oil because that is what I have at home.  I also only use 1-2 T. of the oil.  I don't need 3T. of it!  You can find the recipe HERE. I hope you enjoy it too.  Please let me know if you tried it and what you thought!

The next couple of days will be a challenge for me.  I am heading down to my parents' house and I have a tendency to not eat very well or exercise very much when I am there.  My mom is wonderful and worked it out with the owner of her gym so I can come in and workout for free.  She also said that she will try and make healthy meals.  So, hopefully, I can do better.  I'm going to set a goal of working out every day that I am there in SOME way.  It may not be to the extent that I do here at home at my own gym, but I WILL keep moving.

I hope that all had a wonderful weekend and are looking at a good week.  It is supposed to be cold again this week which stinks.  I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to some REAL spring!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment