Sunday, July 27, 2014

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

In my last post, I was telling you that I had hit a dreaded plateau in my journey.  I am happy to report that I worked through it, pushed hard, didn't give up and busted through it!  I lost 3 pounds that week!  Woo!!

This weekend, my sweet husband and I headed up to Chicago to watch the Tottenham Hotspurs play the Chicago Fire Soccer Club.  My husband is a pretty big Spurs fan so this was something he was really excited about.  I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I was really excited to head out of town and spend some fun time with him and a couple of friends.  We had a really great time and I learned a lot about soccer! I can see me maybe getting into watching soccer with the man.


Since we knew that we were going to go have a good time and neither of us wanted to stress too much about weight-loss, we decided to go ahead and weigh in on Saturday morning instead of our usual Monday morning.  Well, I am happy to report that I am down over 70 pounds!  Woo!  And, my awesome, hot husband is .8 pounds away from his goal! I am super proud of him!!

This is back in January after just a couple of weeks in our journey.
This was at the game on Saturday! Doesn't he look fantastic!

Since I felt so good after I stepped on that scale, I thought I would give something a try.  I went into the garage and pulled out 2 items of clothing that I wasn't able to fit into last time I tried stuff on.  One was a jean skirt and one was a pair of skinny jeans.  The jean skirt I wore when I lost so much weight after M was born.  The skinny jeans I bought and literally wore one time.  I just didn't feel comfortable in them.  I didn't feel thin or skinny enough.  So, anyway, I got them out of the box and came in and tried them on.  Guess what?!?!  They fit!!  And even better, they looked GOOD!!!  I actually ended up taking the skirt to Chicago and wearing it for the game.  I can not wait to wear those skinny jeans either...I have the perfect pair of shoes to wear with them!!

I went to RPM Saturday morning after I weighed in and tried on the clothes.  As I was spinning I figured something out!  I know that I tell you all about how much I love to lift and how important I think lifting, and lifting heavy is.  Well, I have PROOF!


This is a picture of me that was put in the paper in 2010 after I had lost a lot of weight.  I lost weight then by following the Weight Watchers program (I wasn't a member, just followed it).  I worked out, but I didn't lift like I am now.  I mainly focused on cardio and that was it.  I looked pretty good, I know that I did, but obviously, it didn't stick.  I was weighing about 170-180 pounds when this pic was taken (I can't remember the exact weight).  Around this time was when I bought the jean skirt that I just found out fit.

Well, I still weigh about 30 pounds MORE than I did then and that skirt is fitting me fantastically!  That is all because of the weights, I know it is! Do you get that? I am in the same size I was 4 years ago and I was 30 pounds LIGHTER than I am now!  WOW!  Can we just say...bring on the weights!

You can kind of see the skirt in this pic.  We both feel SO much better!!

I hope that you have a great week!  Just keep going.  You can do it!

Faith. Courage. Strength. Change.


No comments:

Post a Comment